Thursday, March 30, 2006

Inspiration Comes from Anywhere

In the March 2006 issue of Bazaar, there is an interview with designer Marc Jacobs on the occasion of the opening of the latest Louis Vuitton store in Hong Kong. Marc speaks about design inspiration when he states, "Everything I see and do gets digested and comes out (in my designs) someway, somehow." Designers have a distinct way of looking at the world around them and translating what they see into something new and beautiful.

Take beadweaver and designer Susan Mandel as an example. Sue just bought this lovely Victorian era reticule from me. Sue states, "I find a lot of inspiration for my beadwork from past styles and designs - some designs are timeless."


We can't wait to see how Sue translates this Victorian design into something that works for today! Take a look at Sue's Beadweaver Blog. Or, if you're feeling inspired, purchase her beadweaving patterns.